And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
The fall season denotes the wonderful ways in which God renews the earth. It is a time of acknowledging the old, while at the same time preparing for the coming future. Amidst our reflection of “what was” and “what will be” we often forget to BE STILL in the present moment. We sometimes forget to take time to thank God for His daily provisions in our lives. When was the last time you stopped, breathed in, and truly thanked God for giving you that breathe? Being alive is not a right. Being alive is a privilege that God has given us. Let us all stop and thank God for life.
We are currently living in a climate that is focused on the things in our lives that are not going right. Such a perspective can be very discouraging. The word of God however, encourages us to focus on the Power, the Deity, and the Provision of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are recommended in Psalm 105 to count our blessings and to name them one by one; then we will surely be surprised at what the Lord has done.
In this fall season, we can make a choice to have an attitude of gratitude. We can choose to thank God for what we have, but most importantly, for whom God is. In this fall season, I invite you to join me in offering thanksgiving to God, in advance, for what He is going to do and for the prayers yet to be answered in all our lives. As Ephesians 5:20 states, “Give thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
· God's righteousness and holiness - Psalm 7:17, 30:4, 48:10, 71:16, 24, 99:3
· All God's marvelous works - Psalm 9:1, 66:3-7, 71:16-17, 72:18, 92:4-6, 105:5, 111:2-4
· Your body - Psalm 139:14-16
· God's guidance and instruction to you - Psalm 16:7, 48:14, 71:17
· The hope God has given you - Psalm 16:9
· Salvation - Psalm 16:9-11, 71:23, 92:1, 96:2
· The joy God gives you in His presence - Psalm 16:11
· God is great and worthy of praise - Psalm 18:3, 48:1, 96:4, 145:3
· When you were in trouble, God heard your cries for help - Psalm 18:6, 22:24
· Deliverance - Psalm 18:49, 54:7, 68:20
· Mercy and kindness - 117:2 , Psalm 18:49, 31:21, 57:10, 86:13, 100:5, 106:1, 108:4, 145:8-9
· For not staying angry with us and not giving up on us - Psalm 30:5
· God's blessings and benefits - Psalm 68:19
· God's laws and commands - Psalm 19:7-8, 48:11, 112:1
· God's judgments and the warning they have provided to you - Psalm 19:9-11, 119:7, 119:164
· God's power - Psalm 21:13, 29:3-10
· Faithfulness - 71:22
· For preserving our ancestors - Psalm 22:4-5
· For the strength and confidence God gives you - Psalm 27:1-6, 28:7-8, 29:11, 56:4, 11, 138:3
· For listening to your prayers - Psalm 28:6, 66:20, 116:1-2
· God's Word - Psalm 56:4, 56:10
· For being truthful - Psalm 33:2, 57:10, 117:2
· For filling the earth with His love and goodness - Psalm 33:5
· Creation of the stars? - Psalm 19:1-4
· God's thoughts, many and deep - Psalm 139:17-18
May the Lord bless you in all that you do and may He continue to watch over us all. I wish you a wonderful fall season and a grateful Thanksgiving Holiday.
In His Service,
Cor-Bishop Father George Bet Rasho